Today (well yesterday) I am grateful for:
Atlanta Temple
We had several things we wanted to get done yesterday but I decided to just ignore them and get to the temple. Jamie had things he wanted to do but knew it was important I went so he stayed home to babysit. Just before I left the house I went to pull the couch cover out of the dryer and found pen stains all over everything in the dryer (and the inside of the dryer itself). Apparently a Sharpie pen fell between the couch cushions and stayed in the cover when it went through the wash. I pulled out my Shout and started spraying the cover and then looking at the extent of the damage gave up and declared the death of the couch cover. It was frustrating but I decided to just forget about it and head out the door to the temple like I had planned. During my drive there I put in some pretty church music and forgot about the stresses of the week/day. The temple was so quiet and peaceful and perfect! Things were put into perspective and the couch cover didn't matter. I'm so glad I got to go to the temple yesterday! It always rejuvenates me and fills me with purpose!

1 comments:
For the record: Jamie never "babysits" - he stays home with the kids.
As for the sharpie incident, I can't tell how many clothes I have ruined when pens or crayons have accidentally made it to the dryer - they are IMPOSSIBLE to get out, no matter how hard I work.
Post a Comment