Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over-Day 20

Today I am grateful for:

Our Home
This picture was taken before the leaves started falling, but you can see why I'm grateful for our leafblower.
Jamie actually picked this house by himself for us to rent while I was still in Vegas so I didn't see it until late the night before our stuff arrived. I have to admit, leaving the house-choosing responsibility to my husband who doesn't even know where to put things away in the kitchen made me a little nervous. But, he did well, this house is perfect for our needs. I've enjoyed our peaceful neighborhood with kind neighbors, our large backyard with swingset (thanks mom), our basement with bikeroom and toyroom, the roomy dining room, great storage space. It really is just what we need and we are very happy here!
I feel the Lord has always manifested his care for us in the housing department. We've had to move quite a bit over the course of our marriage and every time something perfect has come up to meet our needs. When we were engaged, in school, and neither of us made hardly anything we weren't sure if we could find an apartment to fit our budget. But the Lord was mindful of us and provided a way for us to go forward with our plans. We found a studio apartment parents of an old high school friend was renting for $400 including utilities. It was tiny and we joked that we could MAKE breakfast in bed but was nice and clean and we couldn't ask for better landlords.
When we got pregnant with our first child there was no way to fit a baby in our tiny apartment and we were about to move into this yucky little two-bedroom with questionable landlords because it was all we could afford. But once again the Lord blessed us for starting a family and we found a great deal on a basement apartment in an awesome neighborhood (with our own washer/dryer unit!).
Since then we've lived with my parents for a time, in Jamie's grandmother's house, in a condo we rented by the school Jamie was teaching at, and we then bought a condo. And then we moved out to Georgia and found the right house, in the right place, for the right price. I never would have thought we would live in seven homes in seven years. Especially since I don't much like change. But I know each was where the Lord wanted us at that time, either for us or for others. It's a testament to me that if we do what the Lord asks, that we will be taken care of. Getting married and having a baby before graduating college didn't make sense logically but Heavenly Father was pleased and blessed us for that leap of faith. Moving across the country, leaving behind family and friends and venturing into the unknown was a very scary and sad thing for me but I could do it when I knew the Lord approved of the plan. I'm thankful that the Lord is mindful of our little family and has always given us a place where we can raise our children safely and comfortably. Hopefully we can enjoy this place a little longer before moving to our next adventure.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i agree with everything you said in this post. it fits in my life perfectly as well. your home looks so homey!

Carol Swift said...

I'm thankful you posted all this because I never knew how much moving around you did. Your home looks so beautiful with all those trees around it.

Shayla said...

Glad you explained "dad's bus" in the next post. Brent and I were wondering what that big ol' thing in your driveway was. Your house looks awesome. I agree, those trees are beautiful!