Today I'm thankful for:
A GREAT dad for my kids
Every day Emma asks me, "Is tomorrow the day that Daddy stays home." She LOVES time with her dad. Mom takes care of her, but Dad, he's fun. I realized this week marks Jamie's one year in Georgia. He moved out here a year ago this week. The kids and I stayed back in Vegas until February. Boy did we miss Daddy! And we certainly learned the importance of having a father in the home. And as my cousin so wisely points out, good dads aren't just important for kids but for moms!
Today we decided to start tackling the leaves. We're on about an acre and have many large trees. They're beautiful and a great source of shade but it's a whole lot of raking. So the kids came out to help. Later Emma requested Daddy do "brake tricks," so Jamie took the kids out and started inventing all these games with the rake. He spun it around , made a teeter-totter (as shown above), chased the kids around the yard with it, tossed acorns with it, and on and on. They love Daddy time!
He made a huge pile of leaves for the kids to play in. Do you think they liked it?
Then Jamie started tossing the kids into the leaf pile and everyone (even the neighbor kids) had several turns. I hope his arms still work tomorrow. They were having such a good time they decided Mommy needed to have a turn. Jamie says this is a must post, so here it is.
2 comments:
Hooray for Jamie's dad skills! I don't remember him being fun to play with when we were growing up. :)
I can't get the videos to work. Is it only me having a problem? I'm super anxious to watch them!
Oh c'mon shay? Don't you remember jamie tossing you into anything? lol. You're such a sport Gina! I don't think I would have consented! u rock.
Post a Comment