Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gratefuls-Day 14

Here's what I said (but didn't post) Friday

Today I am grateful for:

Pictures
I love pictures! I love taking them, I love sharing them, I love looking at them! I love that I can look at a picture and remember the moment and how I felt and feel grateful for my children and my life. If I were rich, I would be buying a sweet digital camera that takes pictures just as I see them. But I am very glad to have a digital camera that can also take sound videos. Memories are short, but pictures are timeless. So here's a walk down Gina's memory lane. Well, the Momma Years anyway- was there life before that?
My pictures help me remember...
the feeling I had when I held my baby girl for the first time. Bliss!

how tiny Emma was, 4 lbs 15 oz! My runt still scored a perfect 10 on her APGAR. Go girl!

how huge Weston seemed, 8 lbs 2 oz. He just looked so big and healthy and hairy. He still makes this oh-so-sad, big lips face.


what an adoreable baby Westie was. I loved his big eyes and hair and that round face I could kiss all day (and did, well still do).

how Emma has always been the scholar and the entertainer. She's cute and smart and she's gonna flaunt it. My boys are too but less showy.
how much boys love messes. Weston had a blast in this sand pit when it rained. He loved sandboxes. Don't know if he still does or not.
how grateful I was to see what a healthy, beautiful baby Andrew was. After labor complications, I was so relieved and happy to see how perfect he was I cried (which is not a regular thing for me). I'm sure part of it was because of what I'd just been through but my heart was so full of gratitude at that moment and I marveled at the miracle of a perfect little being!


how fun-loving Andrew is.




how quickly my kids are growing up and I need to capture every moment I can.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures!

Russ Cannon said...

When Emma would say, "I toot & I fart" (meaning "I'm cute and I'm smart") she already knew the score.