Today I am grateful for:
Heavenly Father's Plan for Families
I got a call from my mom earlier this evening informing me that my grandpa had passed away. He's been sick awhile now and having difficulty breathing so his release from his mortal body is actually a blessing we've been praying and fasting for. We love him and will miss him dearly but know that he was prepared to meet his Maker and had a firm testimony in the principle of eternal families. What a comforting message, to know that we will be with him again in the eternities. I'm thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving us that opportunity and thankful to my grandpa for the life that he lived, the example that he set, and keeping his family close!
5 comments:
Gina, I'm so sorry about the death of your grandfather. My thoughts are with you and your family.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather as well. I remember him from the camp outs in the Valley of Fire and he always gave me kumquats. You are lucky to have had two incredible grandfathers around for so long. We'll also be thinking about you and your family.
i am so sorry!! i got the call from my mom this afternoon.
i know he is in a better place, but he will be sorely missed while those of us who knew him are still here. he was definately one of my favorite people. our prayers are with your family.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I love the Hatch Family picture - What a crew!
You're right. Saying goodbye would be so much harder if we didn't have the promise of eternal families. That is one of the most beautiful and reassuring principles of the gospel. I'm so glad you were able to go and be with your family during this hard time. I only met Grandpa Hatch once, but I was definitely impressed by his kindness and strength. And of course that yummy yummy fruit leather he was so good at making!
Post a Comment