Today I'm thankful for:
I went grocery shopping today. Even when I had one child I avoided taking kids shopping with me and often went after Jamie got home so I could go by myself. But now I take all three shopping with me and it's, dare I say...fun sometimes. So here's the things that have changed my shopping trips for the better:
1. Car-carts (as shown above). I'm sure they're filthy, but I love these carts with the car in front and a double seater in the cart (or buggy if I'm going to be southern here). Andrew slept in his carseat by me while the kids "drove" through the store. We had to switch carts because Emma's horn wouldn't beep but this invention has forever changed my attitude toward shopping!
2. Kind Shoppers- It used to be that people would groan and grow impatient with my children whenever they saw my brood entering the store (including the clerks) which didn't improve my attitude towards shopping. But here the people are nice! Everyone smiles, waves and talks to my kids. Old ladies ask what aisle I got the baby on and men bless my heart for my service. Andrew waved to everyone he passed and they were all cooing and people giggled at Emma as her feet hung out and knocked all the other carts. At the check out the ladies covered my kids with the thank you stickers and no one tisk tisked me when Weston mopped the floor with his shirt by the doors. Southern hospitality is a lovely thing!
3. Samples- We went to Sams Club and got apple and orange slices, pizza pieces, and a croissant with roasted chicken then cake samples at Kroger. Kept my kids happy and I didn't mind either.
Jamie's gratelful for democracy.
Emma's grateful for pink bowls.
Weston's grateful for cars.

5 comments:
I LOVE the car-carts, especially with my three boys. I wish they had more around here. The few stores that had them have gotten rid of them. :(
i'll have to try those out ... i haven't attempted to go grocery shopping with the kids since i had finley
Apparently i need to commute to the south to shop! lol. Ahh, pink bowls, what a treat :D I love these thanful posts!
Deb- maybe we won't be moving to Texas, that's evil!
Jodi- shopping with newborns takes more than a fun cart! It took a long time before Andrew was welcome on our shopping trips
Tara- Yes come to the south we'll take you on a fun shopping trip and let you eat from our pink bowls :)
This was an awesome post. The picture made me smile big time. You are a brave woman! I don't know if I could do it. Even with car-carts and southern hospitality. I prefer to enjoy the free samples alone, thanks.
Post a Comment