Today I am grateful for:
Food
With this being the final and most important day of my Days of Gratitude I was thinking of posting a bunch of things that bless my life and were never featured here. But it's late and I'm tired so I'll say whats been on my mind today (and now filling my tummy, and thighs, and...). We got together with some friends for the feast and there was some very tasty stuff to fill up on! Jamie made the traditional Steed "deviled snegs" and I did a variation on my mom's sweet potato casserole (thanks for the idea Christine) and Mama Steed's cranberry jello (with orange-thanks Deb). I also made an almond slush and pumpkin pies. Our friends made some wonderful dishes including the turkey and some yummy cashew green beans I'll have to get the recipe for. The only thing missing was mom's rolls :( . Maybe I'll be up to that next year. But it was delicious and I'm grateful that nourishing our bodies can be so very enjoyable!
With this being the final and most important day of my Days of Gratitude I was thinking of posting a bunch of things that bless my life and were never featured here. But it's late and I'm tired so I'll say whats been on my mind today (and now filling my tummy, and thighs, and...). We got together with some friends for the feast and there was some very tasty stuff to fill up on! Jamie made the traditional Steed "deviled snegs" and I did a variation on my mom's sweet potato casserole (thanks for the idea Christine) and Mama Steed's cranberry jello (with orange-thanks Deb). I also made an almond slush and pumpkin pies. Our friends made some wonderful dishes including the turkey and some yummy cashew green beans I'll have to get the recipe for. The only thing missing was mom's rolls :( . Maybe I'll be up to that next year. But it was delicious and I'm grateful that nourishing our bodies can be so very enjoyable! Well, it's been a good experience and great for journaling purposes to write a daily post but I'm going out of town tomorrow and needing to take care of other things so I'm going on a blogging hiatus. Thanks for reading and commenting!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I did not know you had 3. Wow I have been in La La land. It is so nice to read about your beautiful family! Are you gong to be in Vegas for Christmas? If so we have to get together. You are on my link list on my blog so I can keep up with you.
Carrie
Great food has been a long tradition with the Cannon holidays. When you are here, you should look at the recipe book of my Grandmother Cannon and see if there are any recipes that you would like to copy.
Post a Comment