Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Life's Little Pleasures-Day 19

Today I am grateful for:

Leafblowers
Yes, this sounds like a man's thankful post, but no this isn't Jamie writing. After watching my poor husband spend an hour sweeping our long driveway with a couple trees hanging over it and the carport, I finally relented to his requests for a leafblower and told him to go pick one out for Father's Day last June. As we looked at all the trees hanging over our large yard we decided it would be well worth the investment. And actually it wasn't really that expensive. Ours has a mulcher attachment too which turned the four garbages full of leaves into one garbage full. And that was only a portion of the yard (which is now covered again). Today I went out and blew the layer of leaves out of our carport and off our driveway quickly and didn't have any backaches afterwards. The kids even joined me and enjoyed getting in the path to have their faces blown off. I feel very Georgian now owning this thing. I felt even more Georgian and hickish as we burned a pile of mulched leaves in our backyard. Leafblowers are pretty standard equipment around here and I'm shocked how many people own rider mowers, even the ones whose yards are much smaller than ours. Now I like the satisfaction and exercise of pushing my own mower and I'm far too cheap for a rider mower, but hooray for the leafblower!

0 comments: