Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tender Mercy- Day 8

Today I am grateful for:

Naps
Yes, naps are wonderful to take if the opportunity ever arises, but it's even better when your kids have one. Weston doesn't take one everyday anymore but I'm so glad Andrew does. I love playing with him and he's getting more independent but there are so many things I find I just can't do until he sleeps. Yes, there's much that can be done one-handed but much that can't. I can't get on the computer because he's found the power button and wants to touch the keys. I can't do the dishes because he wants to climb in the dishwasher and play with knives. I can't shower because the kids will pick on him. I can't take out the garbage or water my plants because he'll worry I'm leaving him. You moms know what I'm talking about. So God was kind and created this wonderful thing called naps. How completely fabulous that kids need more sleep than adults! That way moms can get work done and then put their focus back on their kids when they wake up. Everyone wins!
Posted by Picasa