Today I am thankful for:
The Library
Your kids get a new collection of books every week or two, plus stories on tape, and movies for free! What's not to love about that? Okay, some of the books at our library are really old and worn but beggars can't be choosers right? I also like getting movies for Jamie and I at the library. Free date night! Okay, so I'm starting to show how cheap I am, but you can take your chances on a movie and not have to feel like you wasted your money. They even have exercise and informational movies that I've enjoyed, like when I got "Sweatin' to the Oldies" just for kicks and last week I got "The Mormons" special shown on PBS. And we've caught up on some movies we missed.
And of course there's storytime which is the reason for our visit today. The lady that does our storytime goes all out with scenery, costumes, props, the works! She always has a creative craft at the end and a handout with the songs and books listed. That's Ms. Sheila in her owl costume up in the "tree." It's a packed house but fun!
Andrew never sits for storytime he just goes around to visit everyone sitting on the floor. He rubs people's backs and stares at little girls, then he runs out the door with the first person to leave (since mean momma won't let him eat the crayons or gluestick). He never even stops to check where I'm at, he's just content with strangers. Gotta keep an eye on that one! I find it pretty sweet though.

0 comments:
Post a Comment