Today I am grateful for:
Happy Co-workers
Tonight Jamie said he was grateful for happy co-workers and I agreed. I'm always happy to have someone help me with the work. As you can see, I need all the help I can get! I sing the song about "we like to help mother, for we all love her so," in hopes that if I sing it enough they'll believe it. Emma's the oldest and a girl so helping is more natural, expected, and she has that little perfectionist side to her. I love that Weston is starting to want to help out too. He gets excited about unloading the forks and spoons from the dishwasher and is very proud he can (kinda) put shirts on hangers now. He's very good at taking the evening clothes heap to the hamper. Weston's a pretty independent little fella. He's not like the typical toddler that screams if you try to help and insist they can do it on their own. He just does it and if I notice and try to help he's generally okay with that. When he uses the potty he dumps his bowl into the toilet, flushes, and washes his hands without saying a word to me. These jobs I actually wish he would let me help with especially since I'm not always sure he even did anything (I'm out keeping the baby out of the toilet), but nice to see he's interested in being a big boy.
This is an old picture, Andrew won't let him (or anyone do this now). It's sweet when Westie want to help with his brother. He shares and shows him books and I love seeing them play together.
Emma is my little errand runner (go get me this or that) and takes all the little jobs off my hands. She enjoys it for the most part and likes to be the helper. I'm super impressed at her tidying skills! All these years of keeping on her about cleaning up toys and books is really paying off. I usually don't have to even tell her anymore she just goes in there and cleans up even if Weston won't lift a single toy. She does require that someone be in the room with her though even if they don't clean. She's real funny about being alone anywhere (even the bathroom). Tonight I told her to come to dinner and she told me she needed to finish cleaning first. Things have to be just so for Emma. Everything has a place and every rule needs to be followed for her to have peace. A little OCD, but it's kinda working in my favor.

Emma's favorite job is helping in the kitchen. She loves helping me bake and one day decided she was going to make lunch for everyone all by herself. She enjoyed the responsibility so much we had pb&j sandwiches 3 days in a row. I appreciate my happy little co-workers!

1 comments:
Oh my goodness Emma is so big! I can't believe she is making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!! I remember holding her in sacrament meeting when she was just a tiny thing!! We need to see you guys soon!!!
Post a Comment