Monday, November 10, 2008

Gratitude Attitude-Day 10

Today I am grateful for:

Shayla
(my sister-in-law)
"I'm grateful for Shayla"-Gina
"Shayla?!"- Emma (thinking we could only list things as blessings)
"Yeah Shayla"-Gina
"Oh yeah, she's a nice person."-Emma
"Yes she is, and I like her!"-Gina
"yeah...(then more decisively) I'm thankful for Shayla too."-Emma
I think there could be a pretty hard case that Shayla may well be the biggest fan of our little family (calm down grandmas, give her her moment). Shayla's my most dedicated blog fan. Well, at least from what I can tell because I'm silly and base the quality of my blogs on the amount and enthusiasm of comments and she always comments. She's quite the dedicated aunt too, googling over every funny little face and getting excited over ever silly video.
This is Emma and Shayla when Em was a baby. Shayla was very excited to become an aunt and as you can see, Emma didn't mind Shayla either! They were good buddies and Emma could sense Shayla's enthusiasm and loved the attention!
She quickly warmed up to Uncle "Butt" too. If "Shaysha" likes him he must be a good guy. We also love Shayla because she is such a devoted aunt and loves her niece and nephews so much that she saw a great need to give them Steed cousins. And so she sacrificed (with them being her sole purpose) and brought two beautiful boys into this world to give my kids cousins! Is that not dedication!?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I'm so glad you finally did a "I'm grateful for Shayla" post! :o) She is the greatest!

Unknown said...

Thank Heaven for Shayla!!

Unknown said...

Awe, I'm grateful for Shayla too!! I absolutely adore that picture of her and baby Emma! You're so sweet Gina!!

Emily said...

That wedding picture with Emma. . . oh. my. gosh. I seriously can't stop cracking up.

I don't know Shayla but I'm thankful for Shayla too.

And just so you know I'm also a dedicated "steed family" blog fan!

Shayla said...

Wow, what a surprise! I hope you didn't feel obligated because of my comment on Day #1... It is so true though. I love your family so much! It's a good thing that I decided to have some kids of my own or else I would likely be trying to steal yours all of the time! I sure do miss them and I continue to keep my fingers crossed that we'll all end up in the same city one day.

Thanks for the flattering post. It definitely made my night!